This year’s virtual event will kick off on Saturday, January 30 with an engaging plenary session featuring Jack Schneider and Jennifer Berkshire, authors of the book, The Wolf at the Schoolhouse Door: The Dismantling of Public Education and the Future of School. The plenary will be followed by workshops where we will discuss our vision and goals for 2021, and focus on our plans to win. Participants will have the opportunity to take a deeper dive into several MTA campaigns, choosing from the following: The Campaign for Safe and Equitable Schools and Colleges, Fund Our Future, Cancel MCAS, and Living Wages for ESPs and Adjunct Faculty. Learn more about the January 30 kick-off event here.
Throughout February and March, we will offer additional workshops that center around our core union priorities and issues, including:
- Pandemic Policies: A Q & A for Local Leaders
- Contract Negotiations
- Membership and Financial Training for Local Officers (Treasurers Training)
- Grassroots Political Action
- Contract Enforcement/Grievance training
- Building Representative Training
- Next Generation Leadership program
- Conflict Resolution
- Labor Law and Union Rights
- Understanding Educator Licensure and Renewal
- Effective Communications
- Organizing to Win
Please visit our event website for the full workshop schedule and a list of session offerings. The first 250 registrants will receive a free copy of the book A Wolf at the Schoolhouse Door, so REGISTER TODAY!
We look forward to seeing you there!
MTA Division of Training & Professional Learning