Interim President Barry Davis, 2nd Vice President Liz Briggs, Treasurer Lauren Sanguedolce, Secretary Deb Russell, and Membership Chair Katelyn Watts. The following buildings were represented by their Building Representatives: Bradford, Consentino,Haverhill High,Moody, Pentucket Lake,Silver Hill, and Walnut Square.
HEA Board of Directors Minutes
May 18, 2023
The May 18, 2023 meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by Interim President Barry Davis at 4:22 pm. In attendance were Interim President Barry Davis, 2nd Vice President Liz Briggs, Treasurer Lauren Sanguedolce, Secretary Deb Russell, and Membership Chair Katelyn Watts.
The following buildings were represented by their Building Representatives: Bradford, Consentino,Haverhill High,Moody, Pentucket Lake,Silver Hill, and Walnut Square.
Acceptance of Agenda for the May 18,, 2023 Board of Directors meeting:Motion to accept the agenda was made by Katelyn Watts and seconded by Lynn Sullivan,Motion passed.
- Clerical Unit Representative Report
- Bargaining- there have been 4 emails sent requesting bargaining dates. As of May 17th we have finally received a response so we hope to get some bargaining dates on the calendar.
- ESP Report- given by Katelyn Watts
- We have presented just about all of our proposals with the exception of 1. Our next bargaining will be on May 25th at 4PM at City Hall.
III. Membership Chair Report
- Membership lists are all updated.
- Still working on recruiting other members.
- Talking with Tech people.
IV Treasurer’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report 5/18/2023
- Ledger 4/28/2023-5/18/2023
- Proposal was made to have 1st VP (Suzette) and ESP Rep (Lynn) to begin their position immediately. Motion was made by Deb Russell and seconded by Irinia Ostrovskaya
- Discussion was had during the bylaw voting. Motion does not pass.
- Secretary’s Report
- Voting on Bylaws- presented by Barry Davis.
- Due to the time involved in voting and discussing the bylaws a motion was made to postpone the bylaws until the June meeting.
- Some bylaw changes were “out of order”- the proposal for having the clerk rep take over representing the Security Specialist could not be voted on.
- A vote on the article for having substitutes for E-board members who are unable to perform their duties (sickness) was a tie vote and Barry is going to check on this. If it is a tie, then “NO” is the resulting vote.
- Motion was made by Lauren Sangueldolce that the June 8th meeting be held in person in order to have more fruitful discussions of the bylaws. Motion was seconded by Deb Russell. Motion passes
- Building Rep Binders-
- All building reps need to bring their red binders with your building rep stipend form filled out.
VI 2nd Vice President’s Report
- Pushing the Gear- need 12 in order to have
- June 20th Honors Banquet
- Scholarship Raffle- Encourage members to contribute
- President’s Report-
- Old Business
- Litigation- no news
- Annual Meeting-21 delegates. Opening for 23F board of directors seat
- No update for the ESP strike days.
- Show up to work at the end of the year. (the 4 strike days that are made up)
- Would like to have a working group- to establish a different way of “governing” at the Board of Directors meetings
- Bylaws- look at our upper governing structure
- Budget Crisis- letter writing campaign, mayor “rolled” back his monies. We need people to attend SC on the 25th. We have commitments from SC and some City Council to vote against the Mayor on the budget.
- Committees- Barry will begin a Political Action Committee and reach out to members.
- Yes for Consentino-
- Canvas or phone bank on Saturday depending on the weather.
- Problems and Concerns
- Summer Pay- Administration is claiming past practice of $50 for 3 hrs and $100 for a full day’s work. We have contract language that members will get contractual hourly rate.pay. Past practice doesn’t matter.
- Safety Flow Chart- no update. Flow chart that shows members the process to take when there are safety issues.
- We need data in order to support our members.
Motion to adjourn was made and passed. Meeting was adjourned at 6:45pm.